How to create the Memories Makeup Look from LOLA Make Up’s AW19 Collection – Look 2
by Laura Polkinghorne
Inspired by the distant memory of visits to magical places in the Far East, and reminiscent of the breeze at sunset of summers gone by, the Memories Collection effortlessly combines delicacy and luxury in these autumnal looks.
Delicate, earthy colours with hints of pink and aquamarine combine together this Autumn/Winter, mimicking the natural silks that wrap around the body. Emitting warmth, the soft, velvety colours stroke your skin to bring out the best of your natural beauty.
Here’s everything you need to recreate this look:
- Blusher Duo 001 Apricot – We know the importance of a good blush, so our Blusher Duo takes centre stage in this look. With two complimentary shades in one palette, the colours mix together perfectly to create a custom shade.
- Ultra Shine Lipstick 034 Spiced Wine - Our delicious Spiced Wine Ultra Shine Lipstick is the perfect product to include in our new Collection, as it is the ultimate Autumn shade. Moisturising and conditioning, with a divine shine finish.
- Mono Eyeshadow 038 Brandy- The perfect boozy shade that effortlessly compliments the Spice Wine lipstick. A natural colour, it has a soft velvety texture for this earthy look.
- #10 Free Formula Nail Polish 027 Sweetheart- Free of the most potentially harmful ingredients for your nails, our Sweetheart Nail Polish is an upgrade on your usual nude colour, embracing the brown, autumnal tones.
Here’s our step-by-step makeup tutorial on how to recreate the look:
- Using our LOLA Eyeshadow Brush, apply Mono Eyeshadow 038 Brandy over the entire eye socket, focusing particularly on the upper area of the eye, to add more definition.
- To add more depth to the eyes, blend the Mono Eyeshadow 038 Brandy into the lower lash line with the LOLA Precision Brush, to create subtle, smoky effect.
- Once the base has been applied, blend both tones of the Blusher Duo 001 Apricot using LOLA Blush Brush. With short strokes, apply from the edge of the face towards the middle of the cheekbone, then blend outwards to create a smudged effect.
- Using the darker tone of the Blusher Duo 001 Apricot and the LOLA Blush Brush again, apply another layer to the cheekbones to define and contour the face.
- To add a glossy shine to the lips, use our Ultra Shine Lipstick 034 Spiced Wine. The ultimate autumnal tone, it complements the neutral earthy tones used in the rest of this look. Apply directly to the lips or use a lip brush for added control and a more professional finish. Start by applying the lipstick to the Cupid’s bow and then gradually add colour to the rest of the upper lip. Glide the lipstick, or lip brush, along the bottom lip, and then rub lips together to distribute the colour evenly.
- Let’s not forget the nails, which are the perfect way to finish any look. Apply two coats of our #10 Free Formula Nail Polish 027 Sweetheart to effortlessly tie in the tones and shades of this Autumn/Winter look.
Read more about the current AW19 collection here.